Saturday, October 20, 2012

Compact SUV: Honda Mazda Toyota Hyundai Kia Ford

A lot of motorists today prefer compact SUVs. SUV's got big engines that burns fuel like it's no tomorrow.
Sedans' have too low ground clearance you will think twice to cross the flooded streets of Metro Manila during hard rains. Compact SUVs are just right for these conditions. It has the good visibility of the big SUV and the driving comfort of the sedans.

I stumbled upon the review of Car and driver of current Compact SUVs. I summarized it in the table below.


Here are my personal comments on these Compact SUVs:

  • The Mazda CX5 has a great interior and exterior design. The only problem I noticed was the second row backseat cannot be reclined further backwards.
  • The Toyota RAV4 is too old design and it is very expensive  here in the Philippines. You would rather buy an SUV instead. Although definitely it has the most spacious interior. 
  • I find short head clearance in both the Kia Sportage and Hyundai Tucson. It makes me uncomfortable. My Mazda 2 has better head clearance.
  • The Honda CRV's exterior design is too bland for me. I wish they have designed better similar to the way they design the comfort of the SUV.
 I hope this post will help should you be in the situation of buying a compact SUV. What I recommend is to test drive each vehicle. At the end it is gonna be driving experience and of course affordability that will influence your choice.


No comments:

Post a Comment