Sunday, October 14, 2012

House Makeover and Google Sketch

We have had home improvements these year and one of the difficulties we encountered was getting an architect to design the improvements. We were able to talk to two architects however they don't seem to have interest in these small projects. So I personally created the designs.

I have finished an engineering degree and I had 6 units of engineering drafting and that's about it for my experience in architectural design. What I needed to do first was to check for designs over the internet. Next was to find a free/trial software I could play around with. There were several software to choose from but it was a good thing that Google had a free CAD software, Google Sketch. Google sketch was simple to use and with just one tutorial and about 2-3 hours or so I was able to produce a gate design for our house.

Here is our old rusted gate.


Here is the gate design care of Google Sketch.




Here is the outcome and our new gate.


I was an instant CAD expert. Thank you Google Sketch.



No comments:

Post a Comment