Monday, October 8, 2012

Traffic Violations


I get about 1 traffic violation every two years. For this year (hopefully no more violations), I got fined because I followed a fire truck which was on its way to an emergency situation. Actually, I gave way to the firetruck who was behind me at the traffic stop by moving to the center of the intersection so the firetruck can  pass. Then I had to clear the intersection but was confronted by the traffic officer. I reasoned with him that I had to give way to the firetruck and I had to clear the intersection. Unfortunately the traffic officer was unreasonable, so my driver's license was confiscated and I was given a traffic violation receipt (TVR).



Just this day I redeemed my driver's license from Traffic Management Pasig Office (TMPO) which was situated here near Pasig City Hall (within the Pasig City Firestation compound specifically along F Manalo St corner V. Baltazar St). The redeeming area is on the second floor of the TMPO office. I noted that there was no parking area at their office although there are adjacent open parking lots but they are full. Should you bring your car, you can park near the Pasig City Hall and can walk from there for about 5 minutes.

You wont miss the redemption area as you will see a lot of people lining up and most of them standing because of limited seats. The processing area is just along the building corridor so it would be quite hot during a sunny day. I arrived there just after lunch and it was good thing I had a face towel with me. 
The following are the procedures I have gone thru to redeem my driver's license.

1. Submit and place your TVR on a designated small plastic tray at the receiving area beside Window #1  (door on the right side of window #1, where you can find a traffic officer calling out names). Window #1 is found at the far end of the corridor
2. Wait for the traffic officer to call out your name. It took at least 60 minutes before my name was called.
3. Once your name is called by the traffic officer at receiving area, get your TVR and an attached sheet indicating the fee to be paid. 
4. Windows 2, 3 and 4 are the cashiers where to  pay the traffic violation fees. You can line up at any window.
5. Write on the attached sheet to your TVR your address and contact number. There are ball pens on the cashier windows which you can use. 
6. Pay the traffic violation fee and get the payment receipt attached with the TVR. It took about 30 minutes for this.
7. Submit the payment receipt with TVR to Window 1. Your driver's license and receipt will be issued.

The whole redemption process took about 1.5 hours. I had my driver's license released in Makati and Mandaluyong City in less than an hour when I redeemed them in the morning. Processing in MMDA is a lot longer ie 3 hours because of the volume.

Here is tip to reduce your fines to be paid. You can actually get a 20% discount by going to the 7F of the Pasig City Hall and get your TVR stamped with a discount from one of the city councilor's office. I did not bother to do it because I was on a rush.  









6 comments:

  1. Reasoning with evidence can be a good fight.

    arizona dui lawyer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting this. I just got slapped with a TVR for number coding violation and will be following your procedure as a guide.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sir pwd bang within the day makuha kaagad ung license?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for this post. Really helped me on the day of retrieving my driver's license. Yes, better to part at the Pasig City Mega Parking 2. As of Jul 2018, the carpark is still under renovation but be sure to park early coz slots get taken. Arrived at 7am still okay. For the Pasig Traffic Management Office, walk to the Pasig Fire Station at F Manalo St and go up the second floor. Go straight and look for the guard on duty at TMPO. There is a waiting area but at 8am exactly, someone brings out a tray where everyone scrambles to put the violation receipts. If early, you will get called to process payment at the first floor. Be sure to bring a valid ID or cedula. Representatives need photocopies of the owner of the license being retrieved plus their own ID copy. After payment go up again and submit the receipts and other docs to Window 3 of TMPO, same window. A few minutes later you get your license. If you are early 30 mins from opening you get your license. Hope this helps. Was so afraid to drive back since I am not familiar driving in Pasig and I might be caught again. ��

    ReplyDelete
  5. Until what time can we claim license in there?

    ReplyDelete